2017 Best of You Coaching Club
What is the Best of You Coaching Club?
Short back-story: Hi, I’m Jill! And in 2007, I was working 70-80 hours a week, grinding as a personal trainer in the mornings and the evenings (and the weekends!) while also working full-time at a university. The thing I loved the most–helping people in their fitness journey–started to make me miserable. Though I was making decent money, I had zero time to do things with family, friends, take trips or even think about starting an online business.
But in 2010, still working like crazy, I finally pulled the trigger on launching JillFit.com with zero business knowledge and no idea what it would look like. I started blogging daily, and using social media (literally sometimes at midnight or 4am and all day Sunday!) and while it was rewarding, within 18 months not only was I still working crazy in-person hours but then coming home and writing meal plans for distance clients! Gah!
I didn’t have any tools or resources or guidance on how to leverage my time or create systems so that I could work less, not more.
It was time to pivot: So it was finally in 2012 that I hired my first business coach (with money I didn’t have at the time!) but it was the action I HAD to take to pivot the way I was working, up-level my mindset and start leveraging my time better to make a bigger impact and help many more people than I ever could at my local Gold’s Gym. I was able to quit my full-time job, and a year after that, quit all my in-person training.
The biggest switch was reaching out to someone who had been where I was, asking for help and then–gulp!–putting skin in the game with time, effort and actual money (a huge shift from my old scared, scarcity mindset!) to make a huge change in my life.
It was after engaging in a series of my own mentorships and coaching, that I felt driven to provide something similar for women who were just like me. Motivated but at a crossroads (like I was) and not sure what the next step should be. Passionate about helping others but needing the guidance and support of someone who has been where they have.
The Best of You Coaching Club Education-Only Track is an 11-month DIY elite education in online fitness business.
As of right now, the 1:1 coaching options for BOY 2017 are closed, so I am opening up a few last-minute spots into the Education-Only version (launches only once a year!). This is a DIY option for those people who like to get the information and education and go it alone and at their own pace. Scroll down for enrollment info.
The Education-Only track begins January 2nd and runs through December 1st.
Who is BOY best for?
- Women who have a burning desire to create something important, make a huge impact and make money following their passion
- Those who are driven and determined, but might not know the next steps
- Anyone who has a passion to take their mindset and business the next level in 2017 and is ready to take action
- Those who need accountability and guidance from someone who’s been there, done that, and can provide the shortcuts
- Women who are open to new ways of thinking and ultimately want to better themselves and are committed to personal development
- Those who have a passion for health, fitness or nutrition (you don’t have to have a business already though!) — and want to get a bigger message out into the world.
- Even if you are in currently working a 9-to-5 or are in the corporate world, if you want to delve somehow into health and fitness but don’t know where to start (you don’t have to know what it’s going to look like!)
- I am looking to work with women who are action-oritened and even when they are challenged, will continue to look for solutions instead of crumbling under a victim mentality.
Who is BOY not for?
- Women who are not willing or able to take massive action to make a change in their personal and professional lives
- Those whose #1 goal is physique-oriented. This is not a weight loss program — our #1 goal is to get your physique efforts automated so that the time and mental energy you spend on it is minimized, or order to devote time and energy to the business, relationships and recharge time.
- Those who are closed off to self-growth and development, and think they already “got it” or are unwilling to do the deep introspective work required to get better, learn and grow.
- Those who cannot commit to investing in their future, whether emotionally, time-wise or financially. You get out of the program what you put in. The more time and effort you give it, the bigger the returns.
Please do not apply if you are on the fence about joining. This program is so incredibly robust that I don’t want anyone enrolling who is not fully ready and committed. It would be a waste of everyone’s time.
What can you expect to accomplish as a result of being in BOY?
- A greater knowledge of yourself, your passions and the path to make them a reality
- A solid “success mindset”–this in invaluable in terms of navigating the waters whether in business, personal relationships or physique development. This piece teaches perspective and is lasting.
- Knowledge of the latest tools and techniques for how to take your business online, including the actual software programs and how to implement them. You will be given every tool you need the moment you need it.
- If you put in the time and work to the program, you can expect to be launching your first online program or product within 6 months, making income online.
- An ongoing education in the latest and greatest in online fitness business strategy. The content contained in the portal is continually being updated monthly as our industry is always changing. You can always expect to have access and understanding to what is relevant right now.
This program is now closed for 2017. Look for the wait list for 2018 coming soon!
What kind of results have women got in the past?
~Maryalice Goldsmith, Womens Business Coach and owner at InsideOut Wellness
~Elizabeth Benton, owner at Primal Potential and host of the popular Primal Potential podcast
~Justine Shiell-Cappel, founder of Twenty Toes Fitness
~Melanie Knights, founder at Melanie Knights
~Michelle Corso, co-founder of Purely Twins
Last year’s Inner Circle Mastermind at Onnit in Austin, TX
BOY Frequently Asked Questions
That’s fine, that’s great. Ninety percent of women who join BOY don’t have a website, blog, business pages on social media or anything. They know they want to, but don’t know where to start. The BOY education takes care of the beginning stages in month #1 and month #2 (and even if you already have a blog and/or social media pages for your business, we teach you how to optimize all of that and start being consistent and more interesting ;)). The goal for each participant in BOY is to have the direction, confidence and accountability to #GSD, and more specifically, to get the right shit done!
What if I am not in the fitness industry but think this would help me in the field I am in?
This has come up a bunch, and it’s a great question. Best of You is designed to help anyone whose business/endeavor/pursuit could benefit from building an online platform. This includes people outside the fitness industry—mostly those in the service industry, like design, coaching of any kind, creativity, clinicians, etc. If you have a specific question about your industry, let me know.
What if I have an in-person business, is BOY applicable?
Something a lot of people don’t think about is that: a larger online following and platform actually helps your in-person business. You’ll be pulled for more expert sourcing in local media, asked to speak more locally and have the opportunity to run online programs (for distance readers) at the same time you launching your in-person programs. They work very well. If you are interested in leaving your business and moving online 100%, we have had several women do just that over the course of BOY.
Do I need to live in the US to be in BOY?
You do not. We’ve had women all over the world in the group. The only issue would be the in-person events, which you would have to decide if you could swing. They are important, but they are also probably only 5% of the total experience, so it would be up to you. But if you cannot make them, there is no discount or re-do with me later.
If I submit my application for the Inner Circle and don’t get accepted, will I be considered for the Signature level?
Yes, this has come up a bunch, and if you feel pulled to join the Inner Circle level, I want you to apply for it. I don’t want you be scared off by the limited number of spots and think that you’ll have a better chance of nabbing one of the 50 signature spots. If you do not fit in with the Inner Circle, I will definitely consider you for the Signature Level. But again, gather that confidence! Why couldn’t you be one of the 10 in the Inner Circle?? 😉
How much time will I have to dedicate to BOY?
This is a tricky question because the actual time that I need to you to spend on the BOY monthly curriculum is actually fairly minimal, probably 5-10 hours a month—watching tutorials, reading the monthly ebooks and interacting on our closed group page.
BUT, the amount of time that you will (or can) put into your own business is unlimited. I don’t know how long it’s going to take you to write a blog or an email to your list, or create social media posts. I could never say, and really, and this is the truth: the more you do, the more results you will get in terms of your own business outcomes. But I have women who are doing the minimum and gaining steam. It’s up to you. You get out of it what you put in.
How much technology will I have to be familiar with?
You will need a computer for sure, you won’t be able to do everything on an iPad or phone. But the tutorials outline exact steps for everything, such as setting up a simple WordPress website, starting your email list, writing emails, creating pages on your site, adding a BUY button to your pages, starting your social media accounts, etc. BUT, make no mistake, technology is like learning a new language so if your brain is not used to it, there’s a learning curve. But the good news is that you jump in, mess up and learn as you go. There’s really no wrong way to do it.
If you are in the market for a computer, I always recommend getting an Apple product. They tend to have features that entrepreneurs find useful, like Photobooth, the ability to screenshot things, screen-capturing and design software, etc. But it’s not required, many gals have used PCs.
How much other money will I have to spend on my business?
Great question. You of course always need to spend a little money to make money, but luckily it’s relatively little. Your initial website domain and hosting will be around $70 for the year. Your social media pages are free (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), and the only other required expense is for your third-party email provider. I recommend Aweber, and it begins at $19/mth. As your list grows (I think the next tier is 500 subscribers for $29), your payments increase. But of course that’s a good thing because that means you have the potential to make more money too, the more subscribers you have. Like anything, you can always invest in however much you want, but I look at it like, if you were opening a brick-and-mortar business, you'd have a base of expenditure every month, and online is similar, just much less in my experience.
Other than that, only expenses would be the in-person events if you choose to participate (travel, accommodations, etc.).
Is there something I missed? Let me know and I’ll get back to you ASAP!
This program is now closed for 2017. Look for the wait list for 2018 coming soon!